Learn step-by-step how to start, run,
and grow your business
An online course for entrepreneurs who want to
get started, get unstuck, or just get to the next level.
Real Actionable Steps
No fluff. You’ll build a real plan you can follow wherever you’re at in the journey.
Build new skills in just about every critical area of business
Go at your own pace
Watch them all at once or take time to master a new area of business
Have you ever felt stuck?
Maybe you have a business idea and don’t know where to start. Or your business is up and running, but you don’t have a clue how to grow or scale it.
I’ve been there.
Starting and running a business isn’t easy. There are no shortcuts, no “hacks”, and certainly no days off. It’s a neverending journey where you’re always moving and growing, oftentimes figuring things out as you go.
But this course was designed to make it easier by giving you a proven path you can follow to start, scale, and sell a successful business.
I’m going to teach you the foundational skills you need to launch, manage, grow, and eventually sell your business for profit. And it’s not just for new entrepreneurs or experienced ones, either — it’s for anyone who needs a little help navigating the journey of entrepreneurship.
Who’s this course for?
You have a dream
But have no clue where to start or how to monetize it.
You just launched a business…
But you’re realizing you still have a lot to learn.
You’re an experienced entrepreneur…
But want a coach or mentor to help you get to the next level.
What You Will Learn
12 topics. 110 videos. All designed to help you develop the mindset and sharpen the skills you need to run and grow a successful business.ENROLL AND START LEARNING NOW
Building an Entrepreneurial Mindset
Who is on this journey with you?
What is your ultimate goal?
Goals of an entrepreneur
Being a great employee
Selling time for money
Growth vs Profit (Bottom Line)
Learn to Negotiate
Evaluation & Creation Period
- Why do you want to be an entrepreneur
- I don’t have an original idea
- Is it a good idea?
- Business plan
- Who do you need
- Business Plan vs Cash Flow
- Financial and family planning
Launching - Your First 2 Years
- 9 things before you get your first $1
- Should I hire?
- What do I charge?
- Collecting and paying bills
- Setting goals/growth your goal
- Financials and Planning for taxes
Launching - Your First 2 Years
- Annual planning
- Profit-taking vs reinvestment (How should I pay myself?)
- Financial planning
- Expansion and new product development
- Time management (What is “my job” now?)
- Establishing family parameters/goals/non-negotiables/new normal
The Annoying Stuff in Business
- Employee contracts/handbooks/non-competes/etc
- Business Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Firing customers
- Managing consultants
- Job spec
- Review Job spec
- Working interviews
- Give them an assignment
- Write-ups documentation PIP/development/employee reviews
- EEOC and being aware and compliant
- Firing/Exit interviews
- Employee Evaluations
- Toxic vs Talent
- Company culture
Operating your business & KPIs
- Organizational Charts
- Annual Budgeting/Goal setting
- What are KPI’s
- How often do I evaluate KPI’s (EOD’s/EOM’s/EOY’s)
- What happens if we are not achieving our goals
- Courage to change
- What are you building for the future exit?
Org Chart & Management Structure
- Evaluation of team
- Management Compensation Plans/Career mapping
- Management 101
- Manager vs team leader and contributor
- Employees-to-Manager Ratio
- Comp structure
- Management vs Micromanagement
- Constant evaluation and culture of change
- Allowing employees access to information such as comp/profit
- What does as a “true-professional-hired-gun” look like compared to home grown talent
- Options/Equity/Profit sharing/Phantom equity
- Create a culture where problems are welcome (if you have a problem, your problem)
- How to solve problems
- Teach your leaders to be problems solvers
- Urgency around problems
- When the problems are people or systems or market changes
- Problems always exist which means opportunities always exist so this should be part of the reason why you do KPI’s/EOMs.
Mindsets & Relationships
- Dealing w stress
- Prioritizing life (the circle overlap)
- Goals vs Priorities
- How much is enough
- How much do I pay myself?
- Handing over control/control freaks
- Dealing with failure
- Tough minded but not jaded
- Family and friends in business
- Relationships in business - boss vs friend
- How/what to share with family and friends
- Working at home on vacation
- Planning business goals with the family and expectations aligned
Finances & Taxes
- Bookkeeper vs CFO
- Below the line (asset vs expenses what is your plan)
- Tax planning
- What to do if you get behind
- What your can write off
- Profit vs Cash flow
- Watching your AR and AP
- Year end planning/giving
- Cash vs accrual
Long Term Plans and Exit
- Defining your long term goals
- Building for your eventual exit
- Maximizing value vs profit taking (advantages and disadvantages)
- Investment bankers
- Building for sale to who?
- What can I expect?
- What to do after exit
- Preparing mentally
Defining Business Terms
- Cost of Goods
- Cost of services
- Gross margins
- (Categorizing expenses)-sales/marketing
- Net margins
- G&A- Operations/HR/real estate
- Net income/profit
This course is for you if…
- You have a business idea but no clue where to begin
- You’ve launched a business but need help to run or structure it better
- You want to build a team that’s aligned with your vision
- You’re a lifelong learner — someone who’s hungry to sharpen your skills
- You’re patient, disciplined, and willing to do whatever it takes to find success
This course is NOT for you if…
- You’re not open to feedback or input
- “Hard work” isn’t a part of your vocabulary
- You know everything and have no room to grow
- You’re more concerned about your image than your business
- You’re looking for a “magic bullet” or shortcut to success
Learn from serial entrepreneur and 15x “Inc.’s 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies” list nominee, Devon Dickinson
Years ago I started my journey as an entrepreneur with just $5,000 and a credit card. But with a lot of hard work and plenty of failures along the way, I’ve landed several multi-million dollar businesses on Inc.’s “5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies” list.
And now I’ve taken my most valuable lessons, tips, and strategies and combined them all into one course that’s available to you — the entrepreneur who wants to get started, get unstuck, or just get to the next level.
I wanted to design this course to be the ultimate resource for entrepreneurs. No fluff. No BS. Just real, practical advice that you can start applying today (even if you haven’t launched your business yet!).
My hope is that this course becomes like a entrepreneurial Bible for you — a place you can turn for guidance and truth wherever you’re at in your business. It won’t be easy, but I promise all the hard work will be worth it in the end.
"Working with Devon has changed my life. I’m only 2 months away from debt-free!"
- Martin Marino
"Last year, I was 49 with no retirement savings. Thanks to Devon, I’m now financially on track."
- Bill Bayaud
"From buried in debt to living the life of my dreams, Thank you, Devon!"
- Susan Smith
Becoming an entrepreneur isn’t easy.
Learn and master the foundational skills you need to launch, manage, grow, and sell your business for profit. Plus, you'll get my best tips, stories, and practical steps you can take to feel encouraged and stay on track as you go.
Before You Launch
This course is all about preparing you by building a healthy mindset and deciding whether or not it's the right time to start. You will evaluate and reflect on your discipline, your goals, your finances, and eventually your business idea to make sure you're ready to go.
Launching Your Business
It's where most businesses fail or struggle to stay alive. This course will walk you through all the major steps, questions, and stages you'll encounter after you launch to help you to get – and stay - on track.